North Terrace Optometrists has a long and proud history of prescribing contact lenses. Our practice was founded by Peter Taylor who was prescribing microcornel and scleral lenses in 1958. In fact some of our patients are now wearing contact lenses for over forty years!
Since those days there have been many remarkable changes in the prescribing and the manufacture of contact lenses.
We now supply a vast range of contact lenses. This includes
Disposable Soft Lenses
- The most popular lenses prescribed today. Available as daily, fortnightly or monthly replacement. Available to correct shortsightness, longsightedness, astigmatism and presbyopia. There are new designs now available as daily disposable multifocal soft lenses that are proving very popular
- Also available in colours and cosmetic tints to enhance or change your eye colour.
Gas Permeable Lenses
Superior vision and durability with high gas permeability that maintains eye health. The lens of choice for keratoconus ( conical cornea) when glasses are no longer suitable. They may be small (microcorneal) or large (corneoscleral or scleral)
- A revolutionary form of vision correction. Microcorneal lenses that you wear overnight whilst you sleep. Now available to correct shortsightness, longsightedness, astigmatism and presbyopia.
- Studies conducted at the University of New South Wales have shown that this form of correction has been effective in reducing the progression of myopia in many wearers. You can find more information about our Orthokeratology services HERE.
Coloured Contact Lenses
- We are able to access a wide range of coloured contact lenses for people looking for both prescription or non-prescription lenses.
- Specific training on how to use and look after your coloured contact lenses and your vision is a part of our commitment to you and your eye health.